Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni & Friends
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
News Research Updates April 2022
Research Updates April 2022
- Thank you all for attending and contributing to our School Research Day on April 13th
- Shane won best talk for "Magnetic Resonance Imaging-based Deep Learning Predictive Models of Brain Disorders: A Systematic Review of Modelling Practices, Transparency, and Interpretability"
- Vikrant won best poster for "Modelling Linear Wave Propagation using Physics Informed Neural Networks (PINNs)"
- Best runners-up were:
Kelvin for "Computing invariants of knotted manifolds"
Amanda for "More accurate and unbiased associations in genetic association studies"
Pouyan for "Movement pattern discovery with application in sport science"
Mohdi for "Mathematically Modelling Solid Dispersions"
Peter for "DGA Structures on minimal free resolutions of binomial edge ideals"
- The 24th Conference of the International Linear Algebra Society (deferred from 2020) will take place in NUI Galway from June 20 to 24, www.ilas2020.ie
- Róisín Hill has started as postdoctoral researcher, funded through an Academic Carers' Grant awarded to Niall
- Both Róisín and Niall presented talks at a recent workshop on numerical analysis of boundary layer problems in Hagen (Germany)
- Pilib gave an invited talk on: "Deep learning and single cell RNA-seq:Understanding and predicting response to TIL therapies" at the European Society for Human Genetics Course on Precision Medicine held in Dublin on 25th-27th April.
- Kevin was awarded a bursary to attend the European Society for Human Genetics Course on Precision Medicine held in Dublin on 25th-27th April.
- Mariel, Pilib and Aaron are co-authors on a manuscript: "Loss of MMR and TGFBR2 increases the susceptibility to microbiota-dependent colon cancer", which has been accepted for publication in Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology. This was work carried out with colleagues in NY.
- Anssari-Benam, A., Bucchi, A., Destrade, M., Saccomandi, G. The Generalised Mooney Space for Modelling the Response of Rubber-Like Materials. Journal of Elasticity (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10659-022-09889-1
- Destrade, M., Saccomandi, G. Plane-polarised finite-amplitude shear waves in deformed incompressible materials. Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, (2022) 10812865221089588. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F10812865221089588
- Quinlan, Rachel, Moumita Shau, and Fernando Szechtman. Linear diophantine equations in several variables. Linear Algebra and its Applications (2022). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.laa.2021.12.020
- Scott P. MacLachlan, Niall Madden, and Thái Anh Nhan. A Boundary-Layer Preconditioner for Singularly Perturbed Convection Diffusion. SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications (2022) 43:2, 561-583. https://doi.org/10.1137/21M1443297
- Emeriau, Pierre-Emmanuel, Mark Howard, and Shane Mansfield. "Quantum advantage in information retrieval." PRX Quantum 3, no. 2 (2022): 020307. https://doi.org/10.1103/PRXQuantum.3.020307
- Khurana A., Joglekar M.M., Zurlo G., Electromechanical stability of wrinkled dielectric elastomers, International Journal of Solids and Structures (accepted, April 2022). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2022.111613