See below, Admission Requirements and Important Information
- Must be registered with a University / studying a level 3 course.
- Must have completed registration form and sent back - click here for form
- English Language test score (if English is not your first language)
English Language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each band) or equivilant
Useful Information and Links
- Student Visa and Immigration Guidelines All non-EU/EEA nationals are subject to immigration control at the point of entry to the Irish State. Students who require a student visa should apply to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service. Application may take up to 6 weeks to process. Please refer to www.inis.gov.ie for details.
- All non-EU/EEA nationals are required to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) within 30 days of their arrival in Ireland. Before registering with the GNIB, students are required to register with Shannon College and collect a letter confirming their student status from the Admissions Office. Proof of medical insurance is required for study visa applications and for registering with GNIB. Please log onto the following link for more information on health insurance; https://www.universityofgalway.ie/international-students/offerholders/immigration/
- Estimated Cost of Living In addition to the cost of tuition outlined above, we recommend international students to budget approximately €1,200 per month to cover all other associated costs, including housing, food, study materials, recreation, etc. For more information on living costs, student housing and student life, please refer to www.educationinireland.com/en/.