Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni & Friends
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Full Conference Management Service
A full conference management service is provided by the Conference & Event Centre for a per delegate fee. Where this service cannot be managed internally, the conference team will assist to recruit a Fáilte Ireland accredited Professional Conference Organiser. This service includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Conference Secretariat
The conference secretariat will act as the main liaison with local, international and scientific committees and the primary point of contact for all stakeholders.
2. Budgetary Management
- Prepare and monitor a bespoke conference budget.
- Address risk management including arranging conference insurance where applicable.
- Open and manage conference-specific bank account where required.
- Manage conference income and expenditure.
- Management of all finances including the provision of a final financial statement.
3. Venue Logistics
Co-ordinate the booking of internal logistics including:
- Poster board and space
- Technical and audio visual services.
- Exhibitor space
4. Conference Website
Create conference website to include all conference information and to facilitate online abstract/paper submission instruction and submission, online registrations.
5. Conference Marketing and Promotion
- Develop and agree marketing plan for conference
- Design and print marketing material for the conference (if required), including:
- Conference announcement/ ‘Save the Date’ material.
- First, second, subsequent and final call for abstracts/papers.
- E-zines updating conference details.
- Organise print material for conference including:
- Conference programme and abstract book.
- Name badges.
- Signage, branding.
- Set up online registration (payment by credit/debit card only).
- Confirmtion of registrations (automated and manual where specifics required).
- Produce final list of registered delegates
- Produce name badges (additional cost for material).
- Organise staffing of registration desk throughout conference.
- Provide conference packs for delegates
- Block-book and manage on campus accommodation allocation.
- Block-book accommodation in 3 and 4 * hotels providing reference information for delegates to book directly.
8. Speaker Management
Manage all aspects of speakers’ participation in the conference including travel, accommodation and conference registration.
9. Sponsorship /Exhibitor Management
- Design information booklet to include sponsor and exhibit opportunities.
- Promote opportunities to relevant market.
Liaise with all sponsors and exhibits to confirm:
- Space allocation or agreed branding opportunities.
- Delivery of material.
10. Social Programme
- Organise venue, catering and entertainment for welcome reception, conference dinner and other social events.
- Organise tours for local attractions or provide information in advance to allow international delegates to book tours directly.
11. Scientific Programme
- Agree abstract / paper submission detail including type of submission, themes and format.
- Manage online receipt of abstracts and distribution to scientific committee for review.
- Confirm abstract decisions to delegates.
- Liaise with scientific committee on programme design.
- Collate and design the abstract book for circulation at the conference.